Fall is here and I am loving it. Especially the seasonal fruit.
Apple picking = Apple Fritters
It’s always nice to indulge in healthy ways with a recipe like this from Elena’s Pantry.
It’s Paleo if you’re wondering. The batter is made with coconut flour, egg, and maple syrup.
It’s all about eating whole foods that taste good without having to add refined sugar, white flour, or hydrogenated oils.
It’s real flavor from real food-and you’re going to love this comforting recipe.
We made these the afternoon we got home from apple-picking.
Perfect with a cup of tea.
Put your aprons on and get to it!
Recipe from Elena’s Pantry
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 inch apple, peeled, cored and sliced into ¼ inch rings
- olive oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, arrowroot, and salt
- Mix in eggs and maple syrup
- Dip apple rings in batter
- Heat 2 inches oil in a frying pan or pot
- Fry in small batches, about 2 minutes per side
- Transfer to a paper towel lined tray
- Serve with coconut vanilla ice cream and sprinkle with cinnamon