Finally, a muffin a nutrition coach can get behind!
Make a batch of these for everyone at your house next week.
(recipe from Elena’s pantry-my favorite site for healthy, paleo baked goods)
Say no to refined sugar and flour, and say yes to better moods and energy.
These grain-free muffins create happy mornings and happy families.
I pack them for a snack in my 6 year old’s lunch-all real, whole, fresh organic ingredients made with coconut flour and honey.
Coconut flour is made from ground and dried coconut meat. It’s not actually “flour” in the way we normally think of it.
It contains zero grains, zero nuts and is made completely of coconut which is high in nutrients and healthy saturated fats.
This type of saturated fat is easily used by the body for energy, helps support a healthy metabolism, and balances blood sugar levels.
Best of all, they taste really good!
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup organic palm shortening or grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, honey, grapeseed oil/shortening and vanilla and blend well with a hand blender
- Mix dry ingredients into wet, blending with a hand mixer
- Gently fold in blueberries
- Place batter into lined muffin tins
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
- Cool and serve